- This event has passed.
Holiday Ethics Free CLE
SOLD OUT! Email Kelli Horan to be put on the wait list.
Join the Austin Bar Association for our annual Holiday Ethics Free CLE on Friday, December 1!
1:00 – 1:45pm: “Ethical Concerns with Social Media” – Judge Eric Shepperd, Travis County Court at Law No. 2
1:45 – 2:30pm: “Race, Truthiness, and the New Ethics” – Professor Tracy McCormack, UT Law School
2:30 – 2:45pm: BREAK
2:45 – 3:30pm: “Conflicts, Disqualifications, and Chinese Walls” – Jane Webre, Scott Douglass & McConnico
3:30 – 4:15pm: “Disciplinary Rules that Govern Attorney-Client Conduct with an Overview of the Grievance Process”
– Kathleen Morgan, Travis County District Attorney’s Office
4:15 – 5:00pm: “Your Brain on Ethics: How That Thing Between Your Ears Can Lead You Astray”
– Moderator: Jonathan Smaby, Texas Center for Legal Ethics
Panel: Kevin Dubose, Alexander Dubose Jefferson & Townsend; Beverly Godbey, Gardere Wynne Sewell; Prof. Robert Prentice, McCombs School of Business
Good News! We will be livestreaming this program! In order to livestream this event and receive CLE credits, please complete the following steps:
- Download the livestreamin app Periscope on your device. You can view Periscope on desktop, cell phone or tablet.
- Create your Periscope account.
- Follow the Austin Bar Association. You can find us by searching for “Austin Bar Association” or our handle/username:@austinbarassociation.
- To receive CLE credit and a link to the online course booklet, you will need to email Kelli Horan with your Periscope username and barcard number.
- If you will only be watching a portion of the program, please specify this to Kelli in the email.
- Kelli will email you a confirmation of submission of your Holiday Ethics CLE hours the week after the CLE.