Thursday, July 31
Evening of Attorneys in the Arts
Evening of Attorneys in the Arts is an intimate open mic-styled evening where Austin attorneys can share their inner performance artists with the community. 20 attorneys will perform in 13 acts.
Date: Thursday, July 31
Time: 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Location: The Underground at Max's Wine Dive, 207 San Jacinto Blvd., Suite 200
Cost: $15. You can purchase tickets by clicking this link.
For more information, contact Christine Hoang at email@example.com.
Friday, August 1
Travis County Probate Court’s “First Friday” CLE Brown-Bag Lunch Series
From the Travis County Probate Court Number One:
You're invited to the Probate Court's "First Friday" CLE Brown-bag Lunch Series.
Topic: Ad Litem Appointments in Special Circumstances
Time: Noon to 1:15 p.m.
Location: Judge Herman's Court | Check-in will be in the hall outside room 217 of the Travis County Courthouse, 1000 Guadalupe Street
Cost: Free, but you must RSVP
CLE: 1 hour credit
RSVP to Tanya Scanlon, Court Coordinator, at Tanya.Scanlon@co.travis.tx.us.
Space is limited. Tanya will confirm successful reservations with an email in return. To be fair to everyone who would like to come, the Probate Court would appreciate sign ups only if you are fairly certain that you will be there, not tentative reservations.
This CLE session will be an introduction to serving as an attorney ad litem or a guardian ad litem in a variety of special situations, including situations that require immediate action by the ad litem. For example:
- Adult Protective Services removal actions ("Chapter 48s")
- Probate of a copy of a will
- Probate of a will more than 4 years after decedent's death
- Problem accountings
- Show cause and compliance actions
- Purchase of estate property by a guardian
- Restoration or modification of a guardianship
- Trust construction or modification actions
- Representing minors and non-residents in special situations
- Reviewing applications for attorney fees in special situations