justice mack Kidd fund
Grant Policies and Procedures
A. General Guidelines
- Mack Kidd Funds are made available to assist attorneys and UT Law Students impaired by depression or similar mental health conditions by providing funds to pay the providers for the treatment of the disorder.
- Mack Kidd Funds are made available only when other resources are not available.
- Actual benefits are determined on a case-by-case basis. Maximum grants are as follows:
- Two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) for treatment rendered by a licensed approved medical or mental health provider and/or medication prescribed by the provider.
- If good cause is shown the Trustees can grant additional funds not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000) for further treatment.
All recipients are asked to make a moral commitment to repay the grant, so other attorneys who suffer can be helped. In some circumstances, some recipients will be required to make a legal commitment to repay the grant. Such a requirement will be determined by the agreement of all three Trustees.
B. Qualifications for Grant
1. Requirements – To be eligible to receive Kidd Funds, an attorney must:
- Be a member of the Austin Bar Association or
- UT Law Student
- Work or reside in Travis County; and
- Have an active license with the State of Texas
2. Assistance is available for inpatient or outpatient treatment for depression or similar mental health conditions.
To apply contact the Texas Lawyers Assistance Program at 512.427.1463 ext 1459.