- This event has passed.
2018 Robert Burns Supper
Please join the Entertainment and Sports Law Section and Pete Reid Law for their annual celebration of poetry, song, and the life of Robert Burns. This will be our fourth year at the Clay Pit, but our first year upstairs in the bigger room known as ‘Bertram’s Hall’.
CLICK HERE for tickets.
Some other changes from last year
Ticket price now includes a delicious 3-course meal, AND selected beer, wine, AND Scotch whisky.
The event will also feature celebrity guest speakers including KUTX’s Matt Reilly and Laurie Gallardo who was recently named ‘Best Radio Personality’ at the Austin Chronicle Music Industry Awards. We will also have a special performance of Scottish music by Leslie Sisson of Moving Panoramas.
A portion of the proceeds will go to HAAM, the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians.
As you know by now, Robert Burns was an 18th Century Scottish poet and lyricist who has served as an icon and inspiration for generations of artists, social activists, and cultural reformers throughout the world.
Every year, on or around his birthday, celebrants meet up to honor his memory at a Burns Supper, which involves the eating of a traditional Scottish meal, the drinking of Scotch whisky, and the recitation of works by, about, and in the spirit of Burns.
As there are still no restaurants in Austin that have haggis on the menu, we will instead gather again to enjoy Scotland’s other traditional dish – the curry – at The Clay Pit, 1601 Guadalupe Street, on Friday January 26th at 6.30pm.
The evening will likely include:
- 630pm-7pm: Proceed directly upstairs to Bertram Hall for a welcoming beverage provided by ESLABA (The Entertainment and Sports Law Section of the Austin Bar Association);
- 7pm: Guests take their seats for Dinner, and a Welcome by host, Pete Reid;
- Speakers will then Address the Haggis and recite the Selkirk Grace;
- Guests will enjoy a fabulous 3-course set-menu dinner (vegetarian options available);
- Complementary beer, wine, and Scottish whisky will flow;
- After-Dinner speeches will include “A Toast to the Lassies” by KUTX’s Matt Reilly, a “Reply from the Lassies”, by KUTX’s Laurie Gallardo, and Pete Reid’s “Immortal Memory of Robert Burns”;
- There will also be renditions of poetry and songs by guests, including another uninvited appearance by a very, very, important and fabulous political figure;
- The evening will likely be headlined with a song or two by Leslie Sisson of Moving Panoramas.
Buy tickets now!
Space is limited but non-lawyers, spouses, and partners are welcome, if not encouraged.
Let me know if you have any questions or dietary requests – email@example.com
For more about Robert Burns and Burns Suppers visit www.robertburns.org.
$35 early bird
$40 invited guests