Legal assistance is available for families and individuals impacted by the recent winter storm. The State Bar of Texas has set up a hotline. If you need assistance, please call 1.800.504.7030. The hotline is available in Spanish and English. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- State Bar of Texas winter weather resources.
- Austin Disaster Relief Network
- The Legal Aid Disaster Resource Center offers information and assistance to survivors of the severe winter storms in Texas (includes information on applying for FEMA assistance).
- Texas Law Help provides winter storm disaster relief information (includes information on applying for FEMA assistance).
- Disaster Assistance: Texas Severe Winter Storms (DR-4586-TX) (FEMA)
- Austin Chamber of Commerce resources for businesses.
- Emergency repair contractors specializing in plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and utility repairs
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid Toll Free Hotline: 1-866-757-1570
- CLICK HERE to view a disaster documents checklist. Prepare for the next natural disaster by planning ahead. Gather these important documents BEFORE a natural disaster strikes.
Below are some legal resources and guides for Central Texans affected by disasters.
10 tips from the IRS for deducting losses from a disaster
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid Disaster Resources
Disaster Documents Checklist
Renter’s Rights (Spanish)
Flood Insurance (Spanish)
Home Repair Scams
Home Repair Scams (Spanish)
Homeowners Insurance (Spanish)
Rights of Homeowners
Rights of Homeowners (Spanish)
Property Taxes (Spanish)
Legal Issues Checklist for Disaster Victims
Casualty Loss Deduction
Small Business Recovery
Finding Lost Pets